Introducing Belle Acres, a new 10 home community in Kill Devil Hills, NC
When making a home purchase, you deserve to be completely satisfied. Although buying resale may seem more efficient, the decision to build a new home often results in long-term satisfaction. Prior to purchasing a new home on the Outer Banks, here are a few points for consideration:
1. Top Consideration – New homes conform to the most up-to-date residential building codes, which are consistently upgraded to ensure the highest level of durability and safety.
2. Coastal Climate – Vacationers flock to the Outer Banks to enjoy the seashore and temperate weather, but coastal homes must be built to withstand the harshest of coastal elements year round. The test of how a property holds up is highly dependent on the builder’s standards and practices. Deciding to build new allows you to interview and select a reputable contractor, tour previously built homes and communicate with clients about their personal experiences with the builder.
3. Hidden Damage – It is high recommended that buyers order a home inspection prior to purchasing a resale property, and this is especially critical if the home is ten or more years old. Hidden damage is not unusual in coastal homes due to wind driven rain, window and roof failures and storm water erosion. It is advisable to pay attention to red flags that appear on these reports as repairs can be costly.
4. Maintenance – There are unknown maintenance concerns with the purchase of a resale property. Building new allows you to maintain a home to your own standards.
5. Location and Layout – If you’re unable to locate the home of your dreams, building a new home allows you to select your location and personalize a home design that best serves your needs.
6. The Key to Happiness – From flooring and cabinets to light fixtures and color palettes, personalizing your new home brings your personality to the forefront. Clients are able to select materials and fixtures from a range of options within budget, allowing you to put your seal of approval on every detail in your new home.
North Carolina is Beautiful! Come on over and see the many reasons why NC was ranked in the top 5 in-bound states for US residents in 2015.
Oregon is the most popular moving destination of 2015 with 69 percent of moves to and from the state being inbound. The state has continued to climb the ranks, increasing inbound migration by 10 percent over the past six years. New to the 2015 top inbound list is another Pacific West state, Washington, which came in at No. 10 with 56 percent inbound moves.
Moving In – The top inbound states of 2015 were:
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
By Sam Walker – Outer Banks Voice
The North Carolina Board of Transportation voted Thursday to speed up the construction timeline for the long-proposed Mid-Currituck Bridge between the mainland and Corolla.
The board also gave approval to accelerating planning for additional travel lanes on U.S. 158 from the Wright Memorial Bridge to Whalebone Junction in Nags Head, and for improvements of the U.S. 158/N.C. 12 intersection in Kitty Hawk that could include an interstate-style interchange.
The amendments to the 2016-2025 State Transportation Improvement Program, which dictates NCDOT projects for the next decade, came about from changes instituted in the state government budget approved in 2015.
BELLE ACRES COMMUNITY
- Belle Acres Community: Home Under Contract 101 Lexie Lane
- Belle Acres Community: Home for sale 105 Lexie Lane
- Introducing Belle Acres, a new 10 home community in Kill Devil Hills, NC
- Six Advantages of New Construction
- Best Flooring for a Beach House
- Outer Banks Pools
- Engineered Truss Systems
- Prefabricated Wall Panels
- Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation
- Proper Assessments of Outer Banks Vacant Lots